ODE TO THE POET WHO HAD ROOTS IN KASHMIR


ODE TO THE POET WHO HAD ROOTS IN KASHMIR


In my own time of unconsolability,

discovering I  assuagement in thy

tranquility,

    Every agony of Kashmir

thou drew on the paper

with thy blood, leaving me

every time galvanized

   Thy words  I borrow greatly;

Without you, I worry I could not

utter,


      Thy words rest in my cerebellum

and I in thy grievous poems

      Puissant pen pusher! Aga!

The pertinacious intuition altruist

to the masses,

     I owe you interwoven letters

drafted with coruscation and

vermilion,

There is something you don't

fathom about yourself,

      May I wield my clairvoyance to

insinuate and not dragoon you,

      Thou art a being par excellence,

splendiferous and optimum,

Cinereal and ebony hairs bow to

your erudite slices,

  Thy erudite works dulcorate

readers' minds like a liniment

Oh! It ensues the goliath in myriad

writers

     The inception of your muse is

transcendent

       Aga!

        How can I be greater than you?

         What is the wellspring of your

illumination?

    What is the covert beneath your

scholarly slices?

          May God rest you in peace!

©Adi Adnan

Post a Comment

0 Comments