PRAYER



    prayer


 Mulling over the word    

                    'Pray'
    I scrutinized this is what
       we crave for keeps,

We bleed, need to pray

We tremble, need to pray

We mourn, need to pray

We forget, need to pray

We fear, need to pray

We ,bulleted, need to pray

We, raped, need to pray

We, assailed, need to pray

We, pelleted, need to pray

We, jailed, need to pray


              Praying is what we
          need ever, we need it,

          Pray just pray
      for your affliction,
       Pray everywhere,
    and hold this for your
       better selection ;

            Pray like this,

               Oh, God!

If I m sad, make me happy
If I m guilty, pardon me with your
lenity,
If I m  fool, make me wise
If I m shaky, make me sound.

 Wondering about
 the scenes uneasy :

when a gullible woman
is assaulted, and I feel
downtrodden

I need to pray...


flummoxed by the
fallacious notions and
actions of savage men,

I need to pray...

At night, when a 20 year
girl is harassed,

I need to pray...

In the day time when
an infant is murdered
viciously,

I need to pray...


And by and large,
when humanity is
murdered inhumanely,

 I need to pray...


Oh God, I pray

Fill my heart with devotion

and tenderness,

Fill it with the water of idyll,

Fill it with the aroma of thy

kingdom,


Oh God, I pray

Glow my life with glory,

illuminate my faith with

thy elegance,

Wipe out the vigor of

lust in my heart,

Build a robust barrier

over my avarice,

Raze my vanity with thy

grace, and hatred with

affection,

Replenish my soul with

compassion,

and eventually mingle me

with the candor of sun

gleaming gaily and luminously.
©Adi Adnan

Post a Comment

0 Comments