EPILOGUE

Epilogue 



The moon shimmers dazzlingly in

the sky and a sweet-sounding lullaby

heats up the earth ;

     All are  quiet in their rooms, no

sound, no disruption of any unfair

thing,


      I wiggle my head, closing my eyes

and drop the book. I take a few whiffs

as my head throne, yet opening my

eyes again.

        I sit on the bed and stare at the

book, trying to grasp what just

happened reading the book.

        I dauntlessly pick up the book and

 try to skim more agonizing pages

however I can't, the same thing

happens to all my veins,

      I slam the book shut and toss it from

 me and the book hits the wall.    

   Nonetheless, I am in pain, can't

comprehend what literally is

transpiring, this all is so excruciating,

can't be dealt with.

        I speculate to myself as I sit back,

standing against one of the walls of

the room and trying to get this

discomfort out by reckoning

something else.

         With all this, I stand up and walk

outside my room, waiting to leave

this book,

        Outside, I smash the fence

oftentimes howling for the help of

those who can; but none appears,

              I hit the fence over and over,

    then I realize, sobbing and shrieking

are futile for the defunct realm and

  no clenching on to the hope even

the reader reading this would worry.
©Adi Adnan

Post a Comment

0 Comments